Dissatisfaction with performance management and performance measurement systems runs high. Many firms suspect, that they haven’t got it right. Managers don’t particularly look forward to the process, employees often dread it, and human resource departments spend a good part of their time hounding managers to carry out their performance management responsibilities.
Performance management is an ongoing process of communication between a supervisor and an employee that occurs throughout the year, in support of accomplishing the strategic objectives of the organization. The communication process includes clarifying expectations, setting objectives, identifying goals, providing feedback, and evaluating results.
An effective performance management process sets the foundation for rewarding excellence.
Based on our experience in organizational and personal development strategies, we provide performance management consultancy services:
- By linking individual employee work efforts and personal development needs with the organization’s mission and objectives.
- By focusing attention on setting clear performance and development expectations (results, actions, behaviors).
- Through the use of objectives, standards, performance dimensions, and other measures.
- By defining job-mastery and career development goals as part of the process.
- Through regular check-in discussions, which include status updates, coaching, and feedback.